April 8, 2012

Meguuuuuuu!

I am so excited! I just ordered this from the Volks International website today! Hopefully it doesn't get here while I'm away >.> Anyway, apparently the SD16 version of Megu (and any of the other Four Sisters sculpts for that matter) is not popular compared to the SD10 and the Yo-Megu. But personally, it's the ONLY Volks doll I have any kind of liking for. It's probably going to be my only one.

When I saw her on the website (without lottery) I literally went SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I MUST GET IT! And then reality set in...and I realized there was no way I could buy it before the event was over. Why? Because I don't get my pay for another 2 weeks, and only the bank knows when my credit card limit will be reset. So anyway...After agonizing over it for an entire night, I decided to take the plunge and ask my parents to lend me money. Anyway, that went something like this:

Me: Mum, can I...borrow some money?
Mum: What do you need it for?
Me:....*quietly* A doll.
Mum: A DOLL? HOW MUCH?
Me: *even more quietly* 1,700 dollars.
Mum: WHAT?!!!!?!!
Me: Err...it's...limited edition.
Mum: *repeats*....limited...edition.
-Awkward silence-
Mum: ....Ask your dad.
Me: Err Dad...
Dad: What?
Mum: YOUR DAUGHTER WANTS MONEY TO BUY A DOLL. A. LIMITED. DOLL. *emphasis*
Dad: ...A doll? How much is it?
Me: *cowering* ...1,700 dollars...
Dad: *silence*
Me: *thinking "OH SHIT!"*
Dad: *silence continues*
Me: *thinking "Oh God, I am so dead..."*
Dad: ....only one right?
Me: Huh? Yea, only one. *ray of hope appears*
Dad: The credit card I gave you? You maxed it out already?
Me: Uh...I pretty much maxed it out paying my course fees.
Dad: Go borrow your mum's credit card then.
Me: *YIPPEEEEEEEE, HAPPY DANCE*
Mum: *expression of complete disbelief*

No comments:

Post a Comment