April 16, 2013

One flew in from the east and one from the west...

I now have TWO new comers to the fray instead of the planned ONE.

The first one came in all the way from Spain. I finished my layaway for her just before I left for Japan. She is a Hypermaniac Myo Seryo, and presently her name is Rinka...but it's not sticking to her very well, and I probably will end up changing it once she gets around to telling me her name.

I never had experience with Hypermaniac dollies before, and nobody in the local dolly community seems to even have one. She is a fairly odd little one, with her frowny face. But I think she's rather cute that way...lots of attitude to go around. She ended up being a lot slimmer and lighter than I imagined. I watched a couple of box opening videos for her sculpt, and many people mentioned that she was "a tiny little thing", but it didn't really strike me until I actually picked her up. She IS TINY. Even more so than my Soomlings.

The one thing I can't stand about her though, is that she is really TERRIBLE at posing. Really terrible. It took me at least 10 minutes to get her to sit for this photo...no kidding. I even failed the first time I tried, until I looked at Hypermaniac's facebook page, where I found some hints on how to sit them down. But, what is even worse than sitting....Standing. She can't stand. Her knees keep bending outwards and refuse to straighten no matter what I do.

Despite all this, she's full of personality and I think I will probably keep her around.


The next addition flew back with me from Japan. I visited the Volks Sumika-no-tenshi in Harajuku, and ended up taking home one of the Coordinate Models on display there. This is my newest girl, Volks MSD F-06, and her name is Mio (which means Beautiful Cherry Blossom, because I got her during Sakura season). Generally I dislike Volks' default face-ups, but I think this one is not too bad, so I might just keep it. She came with the outfit and also a Volks wig....my first experience with a Volks wig...and I find it to have a strange...oily sort of texture.


Anyhow, these two have officially become part of Chateau Miyana's story as sisters. Their story is as follows:

Before her younger sister was born, Mio's family lived on the edge of the forest. One day Mio wandered into the forest and met Kai, and the two of them became playmates and best friends. However, a few years later Mio's parents suddenly divorced, and her mother remarried and moved to live in another city with her new husband, taking Mio with her. After the death of her mother and step-father in an unfortunate accident, learning that her father had disappeared after her mother had moved, and having no one left to turn to, Mio took her little sister and returned to the forest again to look for Kai. When Kai left the forest to follow her half-sister Mori to the Chateau Miyana, she left without telling Mio, not wanting the human girl to follow her, and get caught up in the struggles of the non-human world. But Mio, steadfast in her resolution never to separate from Kai again, took her sister and left to follow Kai. After searching stubbornly for nearly a year, she finally finds her way to the Chateau's doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment